Here is the new edition of the #1 best-seller: A 16-chapter paperback that covers all the basics in a student-friendly, low-cost format. This edition has been completely updated with all new data and many new features and a new design! This is the book that thoroughly covers increasing economic inequality in the United States!
This is the new 14th edition of The Basics (2016), which is now available in more versions than ever before:
- Use the 16-chapter bound book in hard cover or paper cover.
- Create your own custom version with only the chapters you wish to teach.
- Use the REVEL interactive, electronic version and students save even more.
This new edition is thoroughly updated with the latest on economic inequality, same-sex marriage, and current political events. The book has a completely new design.
On behalf of our discipline, I continue to oppose the “outsourcing” of textbook supplements to “vendors” and people who are not sociologists! To “walk the walk,” I personally have written:
- the Test Item File
- all the interactive REVEL learning material, including the learning assessment questions and Social Explorer discovery exercises
- Power Point classroom presentations for each chapter based on very current research
- the NEW Instructor’s Manual that includes my own teaching strategies, “close-up” discussion of selected chapter material, my own favorite video material, and plenty of additional supplemental lecture material
Society: The Basics 14th edition offers an unsurpassed learning package to students and great support to my faculty colleagues. The many versions of the book provide you and your classes with the greatest level of flexibility to meet your specific needs. The new REVEL version also offers extra interactive material and a full program of new videos and a full library of primary source readings, many of which I have keyed to the text chapters. Please check it out!
Please check it out! For my sample syllabus, Click here.
To find out more, visit this Pearson site: Click here.
2016, 566 pages