- Use the 24-chapter bound book in hard cover or paper cover.
- Create your own custom version with only the chapters you wish to teach.
- Use the REVEL interactive, electronic version and students save even more.
This new edition is thoroughly updated with the latest on economic inequality, same-sex marriage, and current political events. The book has a completely new design.
On behalf of our discipline, I continue to oppose the “outsourcing” of textbook supplements to “vendors” and people who are not sociologists! To “walk the walk,” I personally have written:
- the Test Item File
- all the interactive REVEL learning material, including the learning assessment questions and Social Explorer discovery exercises
- Power Point classroom presentations for each chapter based on very current research
- the NEW Instructor’s Manual that includes my own teaching strategies, “close-up” discussion of selected chapter material, my own favorite video material, and plenty of additional supplemental lecture material
Sociology 16th edition offers an unsurpassed learning package to students and great support to my faculty colleagues. The many versions of the book provide you and your classes with the greatest level of flexibility to meet your specific needs. The new REVEL version also offers extra interactive material and a full program of new videos and a full library of primary source readings, many of which I have keyed to the text chapters. Please check it out! For my sample syllabi,Click here.
Sociology remains the #1 best-seller among “full-size” texts.
To find out more, visit this Pearson site: Click here.
2016, 704 pages